(Next: Game Options)
Before you click on the "Create Game" button, located on the far left of the button tool bar underneath the game list, be sure to select which game mode, configuration, and options you want to play with.
The following configuration options are available for registered players.
- Classic (CLS). The original game mode from the traditional board
game. Each player gets the familiar forty pieces to start with.
- Barrage (BRG). A European rapid-play twist on the original game.
Each player starts out with only eight pieces in this mode: marshal,
general, miner, spy, bomb, two scouts, and the flag.
- Ultimate Lightning (UL). A hybrid between Classic and Barrage,
each player starts out with twenty pieces. Scouts are able to
remove bombs, and captains can move two spaces at a time. Selecting
Ultimate Lightning mode turns on Agression, One-Time Bombs, and
Range Attack options by default, but you can manually turn those
options off if you wish.
- Peloton (PEL). This mode is very similar to Barrage, but adds an
additional bomb and miner. Having two bombs allows the flag to be
completely blocked in by bombs if it is placed in a corner, thus the
miners become more valuable than in Barrage.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS) This variant mimics the childhood game.
The pieces include 3 Sergeants, 3 Miners, and 3 Bombs. As an added
twist, the bombs are allowed to move. The idea is that no piece is
more valuable than any other - a sergeant defeats a miner, miner defeats
a bomb, and bomb defeats a sergeant.
Next: Game Options | Prev: Game Commands
- Publicly Viewable. Whether other players will be able to watch your game.
Simply select "Yes" or "No".
- Password. If you want to create a game where only
your friends can join, you can enter a password into the Password
field before starting the game. Then send a private message to
your friends to let them know the password, and make sure they
enter it in the password box before having them join your game.
- Turn Timeout. To keep play flowing smoothly, the default
turn timeout is sixty seconds. Use this control to adjust it.
Be warned though: if a player doesn't make a move within the timeout
period he loses his turn. Even worse: if any player loses two turns
in a row, he forfeits.
- Registered Only. If you want to allow only other registered
players to join your game, then select this configuration.
- Game Aids. If you want to allow tracking of pieces that have
been seen and move, then select this configuration.
- Unranked. If selected, the game will not count towards your RPI
and KRACH ranking, nor will it go in your win/loss record. This gives you a
chance to try out some strategies or play an exhibition game.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]